Arriving prepared to Retina Institute of Washington will ensure an easy and productive first visit. Here are four key points to help you get ready:
- Please remember to bring the following:
- state-issued picture ID such as driver’s license
- list of current medications
- your medical insurance cards and billing information and
- sunglasses (rain or shine); your eyes will be dilated for examination and remain light-sensitive for a few hours after the visit.
- If your medical insurance requires authorization to see a specialist, talk to your doctor and insurance company beforehand and bring an insurance referral.
- Plan for 1.5 to 2 hours for your first visit (follow-up visits are shorter) and, if possible, have someone ready to drive you home afterwards.
- Fill out the following forms and phone ahead with any questions or concerns however big or small; we want to make your first visit to Retina Institute of Washington as pleasant as possible.